There are a lot of activities taking place in Cedar Falls and we want to help point you in the right direction!
Our staff would be happy to help. We can be reached at 1-800-845-1955.
About Cedar Falls
Sometimes it's just nice getting acquainted with the area. Get to know the Neighborhoods of Cedar Falls, check out our Upcoming Events or learn more about the city of Cedar Falls.
- In 2013, visitors spent $338.51 million in Black Hawk County, and that spending generated $52.53 million in payroll; employment for 2,810 people; and generated $13.83 million in state tax receipts and $4.47 million in local tax receipts. Source: U.S. Travel Association
- According to the Iowa Tourism Office's most recent Marketing Follow-up Survey (2014), 82% of travelers are here for leisure. Of those, 75% stay in a hotel or motel.
- Did you know tourism is a 7.8 billion dollar industry in Iowa?
- The average Iowa travel party (2.5 people) spends $285.47 daily. Source: 2013 Welcome Center Survey, IDED, Tourism Office
- There are more than 100 miles of scenic trails in the Cedar Valley.
- Our annual Sturgis Falls Celebration is held in June and named after early Cedar Falls settler, William Sturgis.
- The Blackhawk Hotel in downtown Cedar Falls is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is the oldest continuously operating hotel in Iowa.
- Robert Waller, the author of The Bridges of Madison County, is from Cedar Falls.
- Nancy Price, originally from Cedar Falls, is the author of Sleeping With the Enemy.
- Original book illustrations of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, by Gary Kelley, will be on display at the Hearst Center for the Arts October 2 – November 29, 2015. His list of clients include works for Time, Rolling Stone, Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, Playboy Magazine and the murals featuring famous authors for Barnes and Noble Bookstore nationwide.
Cedar Falls Tourism & Visitors Bureau Logo
Cedar Falls Tourism & Visitors Bureau - JPG Cedar Falls Tourism & Visitors Bureau - PNG
To foster, promote, market and service our community as a quality destination for visitors.